Sunday 12 December 2010

Scared of tuition fee rises? I am scared of everything!

London has been beset by rioting over the tuition fee rises all week, with rioting and smashed windows all over the center of town.
Incidentally, thats the same center of town that I work in, and if theres rioting, I really can't see the point in risking it.
Now, I'm not talking about getting caught up in a police kettle, or catching fleas from a dreadlocked protestor, or shivering in the freezing December air as the tubes are delayed, or even dancing for an underaged kid who has wondered in after the days protest is over (trust me, university students come in all the time, as we have super-long drinking hours and a late  late license)

No, the risk for me is that I will turn up, pay my house fee, spend ages getting ready, and then not make any money as the club is so dead and no customers can make the journey in through the hallowed doors.

Actually, there are a raft on things which have been turning me off dancing in the last few weeks.  First there was the snow, then a 5 day bender and the accompanying hangover, then the riots, and then, on Friday night, just as I was gearing myself up for a return to stripping on Saturday, I find that a doorman at a rival club was shot.

With all this cold and violence, is it any wonder I am finding it difficult to be jolly and naked at times???

1 comment:

Sophia's Lover said...

Come nightingale, tell me the word.
The mountain from which you came is blessed.
The rose burns you, my love burns me.
You are crying, I will also cry.

Thanks.