Friday 5 August 2011

Stripper blogs - why do we do it?


After reading 'Belle de Jour' many years ago, I thought, "I can do that!"

No, not that - blogging.  (you think I meant sex for money? ha!)

I really enjoy taking my clothes off for a living, and writing about it is pretty fun as well.  It's very cathartic to blog as a lapdancer, as stripping can be soul-destroying sometimes.  By writing a blog on my life as a lapdancer, I am able to vent out any frustrations that the previous nights antics have brought out in me.  It allows me to take time and review the idiot customer, the bitchy girl, the stubborn management, and instead of bottling up the feelings inside, I put it in my lapdancing blog.  I don't think I could work in this industry without a stripper blog!

Of course, I'm not alone.  There are lots of blogs and sites written by women in the sex industry, and you can find my favourites here.  I find it fascinating to see how women in similar industries, often living on the other side of the world to me, cope with their situation.

I see my blog as an ever-expanding resource, and if nothing else, if I have had a hard night stripping, I can look over past entries in my lapdancer blog and realise I've had worse!

1 comment:

Sapphire said...

I love being a stripper and admire your blog